Sunday, February 12, 2012

mamavation monday update

stayed home from church today. me, some of the kids sick. really all have colds but I have had bouts of nausea with my cold ailing me, and one of the two I kept home with me was sneezing, sniffling quite a bit early this morning while still trying to sleep. would love to feel back to normal again. energy depleated and feel queasy. been up since 5:30 am unable to sleep. hope to be able to nap soon. despite my taking elderberry I have still seem to keep colds although mild, or perhaps most of the time it is simply allergies. Perhaps the syrup is more potent. I also bought me some Echanacea Herbal tea yesterday to boost the immune system as well as one for helping with respiratory health. I also received some essential oils in the mail that I ordered and found that adding a little peppermint oil to the echanacea tea helped my nausea. As for the workouts this past week I still haven't fully gotten my groove back yet but I have gradually started forcing motivation upon myself and doing a little. I bought a excercise trampoline for jogging on,etc and used that some since buying it. a fun way to stay active while watching tv/movies. Lorrie is thinking of starting back her crunch challenge to herself, and I thought it a wonderful idea so I plan on doing that as well as the trampoline, jumping jacks this upcoming week. I did 25 one day this past week of the jumping jacks but that is all I remember off hand.
goals:
strength training 3 x this week, pilates, cardio daily, jumping jacks daily
eat more fruits,vegetables, nutritional smoothies, and fewer greasy foods.
avoid eating out- ignore temptations and meal plan to help with this.
chug my water and goal 8 glasses (4 water bottle refills.)
Have a great week! What do you do to get your 8 glasses of water in each day?


“This post is sponsored by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway” One blogging carnival participant will receive $50 VISA gift card.
This weeks carnival question is : What is your favorite way to relax?
My favorite way to relax is to watch a movie, after the kids have gone to bed. I love scented candles and aroma therapy and I also enjoy yoga and although I don't do yoga too often I would like to use this method more often too.

SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go to http://www.mamavation.com/2011/2011/how-to-pledge for instructions.

5 comments:

Sarah M said...

I hope you feel better! We've all been sick on and off here too. Good luck working towards your goals, the exercise trampoline sounds fun! Have a great week :)

MNMSpecial said...

I get my water in by pouring the glass and leaving it where I cannot avoid it.
Hope you feel better quickly.

Shannon Sander said...

I hope that you and your kids get better soon. As for getting my water in, I refill my water bottle when it is half empty and keeping it with me at all times.

Marie "aka Shorty" said...

Hope you get better soon. Being sick sucks. As for my water intake i try to keep it filled all day long.. have a great week.

Lena & Alex said...

I love how much stuff you do - you are unstoppable. Have a great workout week