Sunday, January 8, 2012

mamavation report: Jan 8 2011

to be perfectly honest, this has been an off week for me on the workouts. I worked out on monday evening on EAactive and it really was hard for me. I felt like passing out half way through the workout. The workout really kicked my butt then I was super sore for 3-4 days, and after that I just didn't have the motivation to start back. On top of that I was pretty stressed with the kids, and getting back into the schooling gruve, after the holidays. I let things go and would like to do much better this upcoming week. My appetite was much smaller this week and I felt I didn't eat much though which could go either way. I did drink more water than normal I felt, so maybe this is why but I also snacked more and usually I don't snack much. I hear snacking can actually help you not eat as much in the way of meals so it can help depending on what you snack on. as for me, it wasn't nutritional snacking but rather crackers, chips, cookies, and junk. ever since new yrs I have slipped. I am planning on getting back into the swing of things and tracking my nutritional intake, and meal planning which should help things but when money is tight it is hard to be good about the good healthy foods,meal plans. And breaking old habits is not easy for me.it's definitely a work in progress of babysteps.
I really hate how I seem to have an addiction to yummy foods and have a hard time saying no to them. I am praying I overcome this soon.

I have not voiced my opinion on this as of yet but Ido not agree in the whole idea of carbs being bad and meats being good as meats are packed full of cholesterol and my husband actually lost weight ( a ton of weight) when he dropped the meats for a summer and ate only breads,pasta's,and such. I do agree they are full of iron, and protein which is a wonderful thing but cholesterol is not, and I would feel much better following the scriptures that says "grains, fruits and vegetables should be the staff of life, and that we should eat meat sparingly.( Now I myself tend to love meat so I won't say I am all that great about this, but I do eat pasta's and breads, and such much more than I do meat. I also can't afford to buy meat alot which helps.) Now I realize that many of you will not agree with me on this idea, and that's okay, but that is my take on it, and my husband being living proof that you can lose weight with carbs and starches rather than gain. And he didn't even do workouts during that time either. He just cut out meats, and had his activity, at work. It is possible. :-)

now as for my health goals this week:
1. DRINK LOTS OF WATER
2. BE MORE ACTIVE WITH MY WORKOUTS AND GET BACK TO EA ACTIVE
3. EXCERCISE ATLEAST 30 MINUTES A DAY
4. TRACK MY FOOD INTAKE, AND FITNESS MINUTES
5. PLAN FOR MORE NUTRITIONAL SNACK AND MINIMIZE THE UNHEALTHY SNACKS.
6. NO FAST FOOD THIS WEEK AT ALL

Mamavation TV - Make sure to join us every Monday at 9 pm CST. We will be talking about gluten intolerance.

this weeks question is: What do you find most challenging in skin care? I have always struggled with acne. Not near as much as I did as a kid, but keeping it free of this has always been an issue in some degree. I am also allergic to some lotions, and soaps so keeping my skin from getting irritated has also been an issue at times, teaching me to stay away from certain soap products, or fragranced lotions.

This post is sponsored by Budhi Skin Care and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women

7 comments:

Owen's Mom said...

Your plan of attack sounds good. Start simple and keep track. Whenever I go away from that I slip.

Nutrition has become such a complicated thing. We have a family made up of vegans, South Beach dieters, farmers, etc. Lol. We eat carbs... and I LOVE carbs... I have just watched my overeating and also the quality of them. The processed stuff had to go. Thanks for sharing your opinion. It is always great to have an open discussion.

Have a great week!

Lena & Alex said...

I think every time I start working out and get super sore, I don't want to do it ever again. Since I haven't worked out in a while, something tells me I will not b a happy camper when I do. Great on doing it though. W2G!!

Marie "aka Shorty" said...

You'll get back on track. No sweat! I love easports active. I do it with my kids too. They like it a lot and with snacking what helps me the most is chewing gum. Im constantly chewing. Keeps me from eating junkie stuff. or eat fruits. That helps me alot also. Have a great week.

Shannon Sander said...

This is going to sound strange but when you get sore, the next day you need to move again. Your body is adjusting to the workouts and the movement will help to ease pain. Also stretch, but warm up first :)

MNMSpecial said...

I think portion control if big, but also back in scripture day their Carbs were all while grains not refined twinkies. I think the plan is pretty much in track. Protein can be found in other items.
You'll get back on track. And yes, keep moving & stretch at the end of your workout.

Lindsay said...

You've got a good solid plan and those babysteps are so important to getting started! Every great journey begins with a single step :)

Good luck!

Joanna said...

You did an awesome job this week! One step at a time!