Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Holidays-Mamavation


We have had fun getting ready for Christmas. We haven't finished shopping by a long shot yet, but we have bought a few things and we finally got our Christmas tree bought and decorated yesterday morning. :-) Kids had a lot of fun as this was our very first "white" Christmas tree. Then last night we went to a city parade which was fun. What fun things did you do this weekend?

As for this weeks fitness accomplishments
mon- Nichole Kellerman 15 minute arm workout!
tuesday-
wednesday- wii fit free run- 10 minutes, wii fit free step- 25 minutes
thursday- 50 jumping jacks
friday-
saturday-
sunday-
so all and all not a very active week as far as the workouts this week but this next week will be better I hope. tweet out a message to me asking if I have workout or done my jumping jacks. it helps. :-)

Starting on Monday I start the mamavation 2 week challenge. I don't have dumbells so I plan on using hand weights for that particular workout instead,although I hope to be able to purchase some during the week if I can. I will be doing jumping jacks for the warm ups instead of the foot fires though because I was worried about doing those with the condition of my feet. I have also started back with sparkpeople in addition to mamavation to further encourage myself to move. Anything that can get me moving.

this weeks blogging carnival question is: When it comes to holiday shopping, how do you make sure you stick to your budget ? With DH being the one who works, he does most of the shopping although I find shopping online to be my weakness, but to help me from spending as much.. I consult him with what I have purchased and keep up with him. this month instead of being quick to buy what I want for the kids, etc I have been adding it to a wish list. we have always had a very limited amount of money for the holidays so I try not to spend too much and we shop at consignment shops, craigslist, online, or even check out the yahoo freecycle and cheap for sale yahoo groups that are local where I can find cheaper holiday gifts etc too to help on holiday costs.
This post is sponsored by Reflect It Apparel and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women
w

8 comments:

Ashley @Irishred02 said...

Sounds like you had a productive week exercising!! I love freecycle and craigslist aren't they great? Our area also has a yardsale group, so its like craigslist but only for our county, its awesome because I dont have the time or the energy to actually yardsale! Anyways, i hope you have a great week!

MNMSpecial said...

I wish we lived in an area that was big into Craigslist and freecycle. Living in the boonies can be pricy. I think my husband loves to be in charge of the shopping. Hope yours does a good job.

I'll try to tweet you about activity movements, but I'm pretty weak in remembering and keeping up with days. I'm hoping to put my calendar up very soon

@AndreaEmilien said...

My Wii buddy!!! Glad to see some Wii workouts on there. :) We got Dance Central 2 for Christmas and I can't wait to open it up. I am a horrible dancer but it's a good workout, for sure!

My husband is the worker in my family too but I am the one who does all of the shopping. He keeps up with the finances and stuff - I have to be sure to keep him updated with what I buy.

Jenn of PersonalFitCoach.com said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Best of luck with the two week challenge. You will do great!

Lindsay said...

Well done on your workouts! Much more dedicated than I am! As for saving money - it's HARD. Knowing that the internet is right at your finger tips and impulse buying is so much easier than it used to be. Good job sticking to your budget!

Joanna said...

Sounds like a great week! And I don't know about you, but I'm totally excited about the 2 week challenge! Tweet with ya later!

mostlymommyhood.com said...

I need to be better about shopping consignment stores for gifts - I buy most of the kids clothes that way, but I don't think of it for holiday shopping. Good idea!
Good luck with the 2 week challenge!
~Krista
@kristalswan

lorrie said...

good job on the exercising, have a great week