Monday, October 10, 2011

mamavation report: October 10,2011

http://www.dailymile.com/people/GAFlyGirl/training/last_week?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=workout&ur_id=MzA3NjIwOjE%3D
this was a good week of activity. I didn't do as much of the jumping jacks because I was doing more walking and/ jogging and that exausted me. LOL Saturday I did a 3.50 miles at the park walking/ and jogging with dd8 and had blisters on the bottom of my feet before we were done. I was limping into walmart afterwords (due to the blisters)
I am pretty proud of my 5 miles even though I still wish I had gotten more in. I am going for the 60 miles in october challenge and really want to make it. I also am trying for the brita water challenge but have been doing terrible with it, as I have always struggled with my water intake but I am still trying. each day is a new day. I am not stopping my goal of 50 or more jumping jacks a day. I just need to start doing these before I walk/jog because once I do, I use that as an excuse not to that day, because my legs feel like jello. I have been super sore last few days from saturdays 5k walk/jog so that just shows you how out of shape I really am! during the week last wk I lost 2 lbs. hope it still looks the same after my after workout pizza. yesterday's taco salad. sigh. I am terrible about giving up those favorite foods. Haven't even tried. Just trying to workout, and get back to steadily counting my calories and staying within goal. I have been bad about tracking my intake lately also. this week our tire blew out on the van so one of my walks was walking home. good thing it blew out, right outside my neigborhood. I am so thankful for this as I had 6 children with me. Our tires are virtually impossible to find because they aren't used anymore so we had to check the salvage yards and were blessed to find one and get the van fixed. Yesterday evening we had fun as a family bobbing for apples. the kids had a ball with it and that's the first time in a long long time since I have actually eaten an apple. I normally hate apples, but that one was tart and I actually enjoyed it. usually when I eat apples it's only in apple pie, or drinking apple juice or something like that.

6 comments:

FabBecky said...

Sorry about the blisters, congrats on the 2lbs down.

smallworldbiggirl said...

Blisters on the feet are the WORST! But way to go with all your walking! Have a great week!

Andrea said...

You are going to make the 60 miles challenge, I know it!! You are doing so awesome. Do you have the special socks - the ones that wisp the sweat away? My Dad bought me some when I did my 10K. They are a wonderful thing. I hope you have a great week!

MNMSpecial said...

60 miles this month! I've got a lot of miles to catch up with you. Great job getting out and moving!

Hugs!

tohabandtohold said...

60 MILES! Wow! Great job!! I have a LOT of catching up to do too! Good job on the 5k!! Congrats on the 2lb.'s ..

GAFlyGirl said...

thanks everyone for the support! I have a long way to go to make 60. I have only done 10 this month so far. 5 each week for the past 2 weeks. I need to get my butt going more. thanks so much for the comment love! hugs!